Thursday, January 06, 2005

Old kid on a new blog

"Why don't you start blogging?" That's what my husband Andy says to me.

What???!! Me... blog?? What do I write? Why would anyone want to read what I have to say? Do I even have anything to say?
"Just write down your thoughts" says he.
Geez, wouldn't it be like publicizing my life journal for all to see and comment? I must say I am sort of intimidated about this blogging thing. Even keeping a journal has not been smooth sailing. I'm good if I can get one entry every 3 months. Do I even remember where my journal is??
So, what am I doing here you might say. Well... after giving much thought to "D" question, I guess it might do me some good. How?
1. When I'm dead and gone, someone might remember me and what I wrote. Reading what I've blogged they would have a better idea of who I am... more than just my name and what I have done. Leaving a mark in this temporary world is not a bad motivator. Well, for me it is.
2. If you don't sharpen the blade, it gets blunt and stays blunt. I know I can write. I just haven't done it in a long, looooong while. Better start and keep at it before I lose more brain cells.
3. Because I've been CHALLENGED. Must show my DH I can rise to the challenge.
4. So who cares if no one cares what I have to say. I'll say it anyway.

So here goes to my "career" in blogging (raising my cup). Cheers everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.