Saturday, March 30, 2013

Do You Encourage Your Children To Daydream?

I came across an article that says Nicole Kidman encourages her kids to daydream. I thought that was pretty interesting. I don't think many parents do that. On the contrary, I believe most of us try to stop our children from daydreaming.  If you had a child daydreaming while doing homework, I'm sure you'd say "STOP DAYDREAMING". Apparently, Nicole Kidman  regards it as a time for her children to relax and have "creative" time. And you know what, she may be doing the right thing.

Let's turn to what the scientists have to say about this.

According to researchers from the University of Wisconsin and the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Science, daydreaming may help to increase the brain's memory capacity. I guess you could say that it is one way to exercise the brain.

I've always tried to keep my children's imagination alive. I think school dulls their creative ability and so I always look for ways and activities to nurture their creativity. I guess I shall put 'daydreaming' down on my list. However, there is a time and season for everything. So work time is still work time. Daydreaming will be like 'dessert'.

What do you think? Do your kids daydream?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.