Friday, March 30, 2012

Would you chew food for your baby?

I saw this video of Alicia Silverstone chewing food for her baby and then transferring that food mouth-to-mouth, and my first reaction was "EWWW". I know everyone has their own way of parenting and I'm not condemning Alicia Silverstone. I'm just saying that this is something I wouldn't do (doesn't mean I'm right or wrong). To me, I don't think it's hygienic. You wouldn't eat food that I spit out for you, would you? Actually, I'd never even thought of mashing up my baby's food this way. My way would be cutting up the food with scissors or cooking the food till it is really soft and then smashing it with a fork/spoon or use a blender.

Some of you will probably have the same reaction as me (grossed out) and some of you will think nothing of it. However, I think the majority of moms will probably opt for mashing baby food a different way though.

So, what do you think? Is this something you would or wouldn't do?

2 comments:

  1. I would never do this. My husband would use his mouth to chew food and spit out for his girls when they were still young. If I saw, I would condemn him profusely. I also never blended or pureed any baby food for my babies. I would only chop it till very fine or tiny pieces, then cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool video. But I don't think this is something I would do. I mean, there are some other ways out there, right?

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.