Thursday, August 02, 2012

Crayon Art

Last Saturday I sat down with my kids to do some art work. Instead of me teaching them, I let my eldest daughter take the lead. She shared an art project she did at school.

Basically, you take some paper and cut out any shape you want. Then you take a crayon and color the sides of the shape. Next, you place the cut out paper onto your art block paper and smear the crayon with your finger.

Okay, I know I'm not very good at explaining this, so why don't I just show you. Watch the video.

I also found out that it works best if you use oil pastel crayons. Don't use wax crayons. You won't be able to rub anything off.

It was interesting how the 4 of us (my 3 kids and me) each did our crayon art differently. My eldest daughter decided she wanted to do a scenery. D1 was cutting out shapes of dragons and other creatures. D2 stuck to basic shapes and just randomly put them wherever on the page. Me, I did circles and tried to arrange them in a geometric manner. Well, here's how our art turned out. Hope this gives you an idea on your next art project.





3 comments:

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.