Friday, September 06, 2013

Art Idea For Kids: Zentangle

The other day, I came across this art idea of Zentagle and thought it would be perfect for my kids. It is kinda like doodling and they say it helps people relax. Also for kids, they say it increases their focus and concentration.

Here are some drawn by my kids and me.


It is actually quite fun to do. I especially like how the drawings turn out. It looks stunning and all it takes is simple strokes. So simple even your children can do it.

To get the kids excited, I bought a special notebook for us to draw in and also 2 special pens.

Here's a video to get your started on the idea. In the video, you can pick up the different kinds of patterns you can do. There is no right or wrong. You just draw whatever your heart feels like. Great way to nurture the creativity in your kids.



Recommended Books

#3450 Zentangle Basics


Design Originals-Zentangle For Kidz


I hope you have fun tangling!


p.s. The Zentangle® Method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is copyrighted. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.