Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Mother's Day Cards

We just celebrated Mother's Day last Sunday. The few days before that, my kids busied themselves making my Mother's Day card. Nobody had to tell them to do it. Somehow, making cards and writing notes has become one of their ways of showing love and appreciation. They also do it to show their dissatisfaction. I've had both "I love you" and "I don't like Mommy" notes. Heheheh.

So anyway, I've seen how over the years, my kids card making skills have progressed. As they grow older, the cards get more interesting, especially with my eldest girl. And no doubt, the younger siblings are following her footsteps. Her cards are not the simple open-and-shut kind of cards. She always adds flaps here and there for me to flip open. This year, she even added a "mystery bag" which had candy inside. My son, D1, also had a little surprise in his card. When I open the card, there's a little pocket containing 2 homemade bookmarks. D2 is only 5 years old and so his card isn't as sophisticated yet as his older siblings. But I'm sure he will soon follow their pattern of making cards that have an extra special flavor.


Just want to quickly share what my daughter wrote in her card:
Have a Happy Mother's Day. Mothers are very important. Mothers are kind, cheerful, generous and a lot more. Mothers are the most fantastic people in the world. Mothers are very precious. If there are no mothers, there won't be any living things in the world. Mothers are always thinking about us. Mothers are the one we must remember. Mothers do a lot of things for us. So, Happy Mother's Day. You are the best one in the world.
So mothers everywhere, as you can see we have to live a very high standard. Our children expect great things from us. Not only that, it is obvious that our children learn who mothers are and what they do by watching us. So take a moment to ponder what legacy you are passing on.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. And may we all have the strength and inspiration to continue being the best mothers we can be.

1 comment:

  1. Receiving my kids' handmade stuffs is the best thing that ever happen to me. My girl isn't very creative, she just fold a piece of paper into 2 and wrote from her heart, presented to me on Mother's day and successfully made me cried.

    Happy Mother's Day to you, Lian.

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.