So he decided to take our 5 year old on his first hiking trip. The 2 older siblings wanted to go too. Me? I stayed home with my youngest girl.
I woke them up at 4am. Why so early? Because the idea is to get to the top of the hill to watch the sunrise. That's what a lot of people do. Yup, this is quite a popular place and plenty of people hiking (especially weekends and holidays). They got to the place around 5:30am and according to DH, already so many cars there.
Anyway, my 5 year old managed to get to the top and enjoyed the view there.
I think my family will be making another trip up Broga Hill, this time I have to go along. According to my daughter, the climb down is more difficult than the climb up. She tripped and took quite a bad fall. Her right hand had some cuts and bruises. She complained that whole day and the next day Sunday. However, come Monday her hand was miraculously healed just in time to join our family badminton activity :)
So, if you're wondering what activity your family can do together, try a moderately easy hike. Cheaper and more healthy than hanging out at the mall.
TIPS AND INFO
- Broga town is right at the border of Selangor and Negeri Sembilan. No kidding. Driving down one of the roads in town and you'll see the signboard that says you're now in Selangor.
- To get to Broga from Kuala Lumpur/PJ, drive towards Semenyih. From Seremban, go towards Lenggeng.
- If you want to watch the sunrise, you'll have to hike up early in the morning while it is still dark. So bring along a torchlight.
- There's a Rabbit Farm nearby the entrance to the hill. They've got other animals too like goats. I think it is RM5 per entry.
- If you get hungry after your hike, just eat at Broga town. Lots of "makan" shops/restaurants.