Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Baby Hiccups: What They Don't Tell You In Books

Baby is now 2 weeks old and hiccups everyday. He even hiccuped when in the womb. Anyway, when I had my first child, my mom told me this: "When baby hiccups, it means the baby will poo-poo soon." I didn't believe her BUT you know what? She is right. Now that I'm on baby #3, this fact seems true 80% of the time.

It is rather incredible that a 2 week old baby knows how to poo-poo on cue. Above is our routine in the morning and evening before bath. We take off his diaper, lift up his legs, do the 'emm-emm' sound and after a while, we have stuff coming out of his butt. AND more often than not, he will start to hiccup before the poo comes out. Other people may tell you to give baby water, gripe water or something to suck to get rid of the hiccups. Me, I say grab a fresh diaper.

If you have a newborn, observe this phenomena and tell me if it's true for you too. Does baby poo after hiccups?

3 comments:

  1. OMG! you've already given birth? that was fast! that shows how long i've been slacking at blogging! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... this does remind me when I'm expecting my 3rd. Whenever baby hiccup, you will feel a trobbing on the tummy. Such a priceless experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I read this blog to my husband and he was laughing because it is true! My 4 week old has been hiccupping and pooing for 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.