Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Honey Snaps


Didn't feel like doing much baking for Christmas, so opted for something really easy peasy: HONEY SNAPS! It's a big hit with my kids and I'm sure it will be for yours too. No baking experience necessary :)
Chinese New Year is coming up. You could add this to your list of yum-yums.

Recipe:
60g butter
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon sugar
4 cups cornflakes
90g unsalted peanuts (I left these out as my kids don't like peanuts)

Place butter, honey and sugar into small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter has melted. Combine cornflakes and peanuts in a basin and then pour the butter and honey mixture over it.

Mix until the cornflakes and peanuts are well-coated. Place party paper cases in a patty or muffin tin. Spoon tablespoonsful of mixture into paper cases. (I sprinkled some hundreds and thousands to make it look more festive. You could choose to put any kind of sprinkles you want. The kids would love to help in this area). Bake at 180°C for eight minutes. Stand 15 minutes until firm after removal from oven. Makes about 30.

1 comment:

  1. I made those delicious yummy yummy honey snaps last year which reminded me dat I have to make this year too. Hahaha.

    Wei, wei, u sudah 'popped' ar?

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.