Tuesday, August 28, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARINA

Okay, here is my Happy Birthday Karina scrap. Sorry dear girl, Mommy is a few days late. The birthday was really simple. My birthday tradition for my children is I take them to the store and give them RM5 to spend on whatever they like, plus we cook whatever they request. Oh, I also promise a birthday outing but have to put that on hold for a while. As usual, money will be spent on junk food. Food request this time was Roast Chicken and Mash Potatoes.

So, what is a 6 year old Karina like?
  • She is good at making Baby D laugh. Loves to carry him and will hug and kiss him goodnight every night.
  • Good at reading.
  • Is very helpful IF she wants to be
  • She is very tall (that's what people say) -- 4 ft
  • Barbie fan
  • Wants to be a police when she grows up (in case her postman brother turns bad, she can put him in jail. Aiyoh!)
  • Loves to cycle and have lots of energy to spend outdoors.
  • Talks and scolds like her mother. Sometimes you'd think she was the mother. Hahaha.
Mamas tip:
If you want to make your own birthday cake and frost it, here is an icing recipe that worked for me:

3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs milk

I'm no pro at cake decoration like Mama Min, but my children are also easy to please. This time, I chose an orange color icing which actually makes the cake look bright and nice. Got some waffle flowers for easy deco.

For the cake, I bought the Betty Crocker Lemon cake mix. Yes, I'm a cheater :) But I really like the lemon cake mix. This is the second time I've made it. It's really nice and moist. As you can see, I also left the cake in the pan. That serves 2 purpose:
  1. I don't have to ice the sides.
  2. Easy to store the cake after eating.
Okay, that is all for my really amateur, cheapo cake baking-decoration effort.

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Karina. U got a nice scrap there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great scrap book page!! Im still a barbie fan and Im 28.ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday to Karina...
    Mummy put a lot of love in the cake she baked for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi L---such a Happy Birthday to Karina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Karina, Hope you will always great every day. You have a great parent that caring you with love.


    Goonie
    Baby First Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to Karina. Mommy's cake is always the best 'cos got the most important ingredient - made with love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes. Yes, the cake made with love and SWEAT. Hahahah.
    Dana, I'm sure Karina will love you for a playmate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happiii birthday! you are the same age as erika! next year go primary school together!!

    i also cheat "bake" with betty crocker!!

    anyway i tag u

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated birthday wishes, Karina! Your mom did a good job with your cake! A bright cheerful cake for a bright cheerful young lady :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.