Monday, July 19, 2010

Back To Cloth Diapering

My new stash of cloth diapers

I started using the modern cloth diapers with D2. I bought Bum Genius and was very happy with them except the gathers around the leg area (gusset) became very loose eventually. I continued to use them for D2 but only during the night time. He is already toilet trained but was still wetting the bed at night. We finally stopped the night diapers recently. Made sure he went to toilet before going to bed and then getting him up one more time in the middle of the night.

With babyK, I didn't dare use the loose Bum Genius diapers. Definitely don't want "stuff" leaking out. So for 10 months we've been using disposable diapers for her. Then I read that "Kasihku Sayangku" allowed to trade-in old diapers for new. Woohoo! That is just what I needed. I traded in 6 old diapers and got RM12 for each. I bought their pack of 8 KS 4th generation 1-size bamboo cloth diaper. Each diaper comes with 2 inserts. So in the end, I spend about RM300 for 8 new diapers (that's including postage for shipping my old diapers to them, they shipped the new diapers to me for free). I believe spending below RM40 per cloth diaper is a pretty good deal.

So, how do I like this brand of diapers?
  • It has a very soft feel.
  • Fits very well. Except that baby likes to pull the velcro. Meaning she likes to pull off the diaper. Thank goodness she doesn't do that after I put pants on her.
  • She stays pretty dry even after many hours (oh, which reminds me I need to go change her diapers now.)
  • I like the solid colors.
  • No rashes (so far).
  • It takes longer to dry compared to the Bum Genius. I guess it's because of the fluffy bamboo.
  • I found it quite difficult to rinse away baby's poo. I couldn't just spray water and the poo come off (which is what I did with Bum Genius). However, I was glad the yellow poo stains vanished after washing and drying. Maybe it won't take so much effort to wash once baby's poo becomes more solid.
Anyway, I'm glad to be once again doing my little part in taking care of the environment. Kudos to Kasihku Sayangku for doing something different and meeting the needs of a mommy like me. For those of you who have used cloth diapers to trade in, better do it soon coz' the offer is only until the end of this month (31/7/2010).

2 comments:

  1. this is a great deal...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! so cool and just on time too... was wondering what to do with my 7 yead old CD!!! You're a real life saver. BTW, check out Tiny Tapir's site, they're selling Bouncy Baby's CD at an intro price, get 3 CD + 6 inserts + 1 wet bag for RM120. Quite a good deal if you want to your current stash.

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.