Thursday, July 01, 2010

Buying Insurance Tips

When I was 22 years old, I was approached by my boss' son to buy a life insurance policy. My pay wasn't very much and I had to pay for my car every month. I also was giving my mom some pocket money. Usually at the end of the month, I would have very little left. Saving money was really a struggle. And yet, my boss' son managed to convince me to get a life insurance policy.

Although the cash value of the policy doesn't amount to much, I'm glad that I made the decision then to get it. Something is better than nothing.

I know many people, me included, are afraid to meet insurance agents. We are afraid to be pestered to death. However, getting insured is an important matter. Life is full of uncertainties. We don't know when we may encounter death, an illness, an accident or a loss. Unfortunately, deciding what policy to get and with which company can be a difficult task. It is so important to get multiple quotes to do comparisons. After all, you want the best deal right? This is one thing that I didn't do when I bought my insurance. I was young and foolish then (and probably blinded by the good looking boss' son).

If you want a better understanding of the different types of insurance, you can check out Insurance on Wikipedia. If you want to find some local insurance agents, there are some websites that prove to be good resources like LocalInsurance. For example, if you looking to get a home insurance in Illinois, you just need to fill out some details and then, experience agents in your area will get in touch with you to offer the best deals. Because of the competition, you stand a chance to save some money because they all want your business. You can get quotes on auto, home, heath and life insurance.

Here are some quick tips as you shop for insurance:
  • Read through the policy carefully. Don't miss out important details.
  • Don't agree to extra coverage plans that are not necessary. They will throw these at you so you spend more and they earn more. So, just pay for the coverage that is required.
  • Once again, get multiple quotes. Buy from the one that gives you what you need at a good price and not from the one that is the cutest :)
*This message is brought to you by your friends at localinsurance.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.