Saturday, March 26, 2011

Choral Speaking For The First Time

My girl was asked to be in her school's choral speaking team. They went for their choral speaking competition last Wednesday. I've never heard of choral speaking coz' they didn't have it when I was in school. So, I took some time out from my daily house chores to go support my girl at the competition.

Here's a video of her school team. One of the rules in choral speaking is they are not allowed to move their feet. All actions are to be waist up. Plus, the kids have to memorize the whole script.




Unfortunately, her school took 6th place (out of 15 teams I think). I didn't stay until the end. I left after her school finished their presentation.
Oh, my girl is in the front row, right in the middle. She's they one that yells the letter "Y", in the word UNITY.

Well, I'm glad she got to experience being part of a "team".

Mamas Parenting Tip
  • Encourage your kids to be active in school. Encourage them to try out for whatever activities are available. BUT don't pressure them into joining. We have to respect their wishes and take into account their personality too.
  • Teach them how to balance their time between work and play. Too much studying and not enough play is no good. Too much play and not enough studying also not good. Teach them time management skills and learning how to prioritize.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is interesting. I never heard of choral speaking before either. You are right about your tips in this post. My mom had me get involved in a lot of school activities, which made me learn to appreciate and enjoy so many different experiences...still she never got me involved to the peril of my studies...

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.