Monday, July 18, 2011

Discount to Tint Your Car

Are your car windows tinted? We didn't tint our car windows until we bought our current car. It really does make a difference. It is still quite hot when you initially get in the car (after parking in the sun) but it cools down fairly quickly.

I remember driving back to Bukit Mertajam during the Chinese New Year, my arms and legs would get so hot. I felt like I was being baked in the oven. But now that the windows are tinted, the journey is not so torturous.

Here are some tips I learned when looking to tint my car windows:
  • Find a reputable company to do it. It is better to go to a shop that specializes in tinting and not an accessories shop.
  • Make sure it is JPJ compliant. The last thing you want is to have JPJ pull you over and have you tear it off. I believe the guideline is this: At least 70% of Visible Light Transmission (VLT) for the front windscreen and a minimum of 50% for the sides and rear windscreen
  • A security film will keep the windows intact and not shatter to pieces when broken. This means more safety for you.
  • The higher the percentage of Infra-red heat rejection (IR), the cooler your car will be.
When I tinted my car windows, it was very heavy on the wallet. I think it was close to RM1000 and that was a discounted price already. But then, mine is an MPV, so it usually cost more than a sedan.My DH chose to go with Raytech.

Well, if you are looking to tint your car windows, there is a very fantastic deal available by Solar Tintshop. Here is what they are offering:
RM245 instead of RM980 for Standard Saloon Car Tinting with 2mil High Performance Solar UV Film.

That's a RM735 savings! 75% discount.

It is JPJ compliant and you'll have 7 years warranty. Pretty sweet deal. You can get this deal in 5 locations. If you want to know where, just click this link for more information.
SOLAR TINTSHOP BEST DEAL

A few things you should know about this deal:
  • Complimentary Golf Umbrella OR Touch 'n Go Card for the first 50 Purchasers for each location.
  • Redemption Period: 22 July 2011 - 31 December 2011. Not valid on 22 August 2011 – 6 September 2011
  • RM80 charge for removal of old tint, if applicable
  • This deal price is for Category A, Standard Size Saloon Cars. Additional charges apply for other types of cars. 
  • The film they used is imported from United States ( I hear Korea ones are not durable). 

To get the voucher and to know more details, click my link below:


* I will be compensated if you take up their offer. Consider it my recommendation fees. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.