I remember driving back to Bukit Mertajam during the Chinese New Year, my arms and legs would get so hot. I felt like I was being baked in the oven. But now that the windows are tinted, the journey is not so torturous.
Here are some tips I learned when looking to tint my car windows:
- Find a reputable company to do it. It is better to go to a shop that specializes in tinting and not an accessories shop.
- Make sure it is JPJ compliant. The last thing you want is to have JPJ pull you over and have you tear it off. I believe the guideline is this: At least 70% of Visible Light Transmission (VLT) for the front windscreen and a minimum of 50% for the sides and rear windscreen
- A security film will keep the windows intact and not shatter to pieces when broken. This means more safety for you.
- The higher the percentage of Infra-red heat rejection (IR), the cooler your car will be.
Well, if you are looking to tint your car windows, there is a very fantastic deal available by Solar Tintshop. Here is what they are offering:
RM245 instead of RM980 for Standard Saloon Car Tinting with 2mil High Performance Solar UV Film.
That's a RM735 savings! 75% discount.
It is JPJ compliant and you'll have 7 years warranty. Pretty sweet deal. You can get this deal in 5 locations. If you want to know where, just click this link for more information.
SOLAR TINTSHOP BEST DEAL
A few things you should know about this deal:
- Complimentary Golf Umbrella OR Touch 'n Go Card for the first 50 Purchasers for each location.
- Redemption Period: 22 July 2011 - 31 December 2011. Not valid on 22 August 2011 – 6 September 2011
- RM80 charge for removal of old tint, if applicable
- This deal price is for Category A, Standard Size Saloon Cars. Additional charges apply for other types of cars.
- The film they used is imported from United States ( I hear Korea ones are not durable).
To get the voucher and to know more details, click my link below:
* I will be compensated if you take up their offer. Consider it my recommendation fees. Thanks.