This video has caused many mommy's hearts to flutter a bit. When it comes to babywearing, it is usually the mom who does it. You don't see many videos of dads demonstrating how to use a baby sling. Plus, almost everyone is agreeing that he is a hottie. Are you thinking the same?
Anyway, I posted this video here coz' I think this is a great inspiration to all dads. I've tried using the long baby sling wrap similar to what this dad is using. It has its good and bad points.
- Feels nice and snug. It holds baby very well.
- The weight distributes evenly on both shoulders. You won't feel any stress on the shoulders or back.
- You can hold baby several ways: cradle, on the hip, on the back.
- The cloth is very long. It is a problem if you need to put it on in the parking lot or at the store as it hits the floor and might get dirty.
- Not so suitable anymore when baby is bigger and heavier. The baby's weight will stretch the cloth a bit. You have to tie the cloth extra snug then.
- If you are carrying your newborn in a cradle position, make sure his head doesn't get buried and the baby's airway is always clear. There is the danger of suffocation.
So, is your hubby open to using a baby sling? What kind of baby sling works best for you and hubby?