Thursday, October 11, 2012

Loh Shu Fun Noodles

At least one day of the week I will cook noodles. My kids like it dry but my DH likes it with soup. No problem, both can be done.
 Loh Shu Fun with "kicap" sauce

Loh Shu fun with soup

To make the soup I bought 2 chicken carcass to boil. Throw in some garlic and big onion for extra taste. Marinated some minced pork with salt, sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add a little corn starch to make it stick when I drop them in the soup like meatballs. 

To make the "kicap" sauce, I used light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, pork lard oil (can be substituted with garlic oil), fish sauce and oyster sauce. 

For noodles, I will usually buy "kuey teow" or "loh shu fun" (rat's tail noodle). The 'loh shu fun" I will buy both short and long ones. More choice for my family. 

Extra ingredients include 'taugeh' (beansprouts), pork ball or fish ball, quails eggs, fried garlic and shallots (very important), spring onions and cilantro (Chinese call 'yin sai', but usually I'm the only one who eats that).

It doesn't take much effort to cook this. That's why I have this once a week. Need some light cooking days so I don't burn out :)

What do you cook when you want a light and easy cooking day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.