Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts On China's Milk Problem

CHENGDU, CHINA - SEPTEMBER 22:  A baby who suf...Image by Getty Images via DaylifeJust a quick post on this issue. It's horrible all these babies getting sick and dying from contaminated milk. Yesterday I got the message about the food items that have been recalled. Now everyone is wary about China products. I just can't help thinking:
  • All the more reason why BREASTFEEDING IS BEST.
  • Good motivation to stop eating sweets and ice-cream.
And my son has suggested we get our own cow.

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. and educate our children the right humanity value & social resposibility. not richness & production & competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pc:
    You are soooo right. These values must be taught at home and as parents, our lives must reflect this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya agreed bm is the best, but too bad I only able to do it for a year.

    Well they are so smart to create those fake formula, eggs & etc. Why don't they use their intellegence to help the earth and the people?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just feel so sad over this whole episode. Never thot innocent babies lives would be taken for granted over profits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. vickylow:
    Because helping others and doing good don't make us rich... well, most of the time anyway.

    family first:
    More so in China where they practice 1-child policy. And poor babies, what else can they eat if not milk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, this China milk powder scare has indeed motivated me to keep breastfeeding my baby... for as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a clear case of gross negligence. I just hope the kids of these culprits were not affected.

    This problem also brought scare to my country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell your son there already is one at home!! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.