Friday, January 16, 2009

Have A Good Day

Every day when I drop off KokoD at his kindy, I tell him to "Have a good day!" And I really want him to because his first few days at kindy was shaky. When I pick him up I will ask "was it a good day?" Thankfully it has been a good day for the last few days.

Anyway, I dropped off K at school today. And as she got down from the car I said "Have a good day!" KokoD was in the car with me and this is what he said:

KokoD: Mommy, why must you say that? Just say good-bye and that's it.
Me: Because I want her to have a good day. I want her to be happy. I want her to have a good experience at school and hope everything goes well for her.
KokoD: Mommy, I'm used to my class already. So, you don't have to say that to me ok.
Me: So you're okay with your school now?
KokoD: Yes and don't ask me anymore ok!

My reaction:
Happy - Glad that he has adapted to the school.
Sad - Coz' I still want to know how his day went. Now I can't ask.
Amused - Didn't know that a simple wish of "have a good day" can create stress. Hahahaha.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lian, I now reading about your kid's day at school. Awhile ago I read of a Mom who's son is leaving home for University...
    When a kid leaves his mother's warmth for his first day of school, most kids cry.

    When HE leaves home for further studies, it is the mother who now cries.....

    And I will say this,
    to your son, his mom is a never ending song in his heart of comfort, happiness and being. He may sometimes forget the words, but he will always remember the tune.

    You have a pleasant weekend, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that he has adapted to his new kindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind to stop asking. I'm sure he will share and talk to you what he been doing, funny things & etc in school later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Lee,
    Thanks for the beautiful thoughts.

    a&a'smom:
    Yes, it's nice to see that smile on his face after school.

    vickylow:
    Definitely I will not stop asking. This mother real kay-poh-chi. Sure I'll want to know what's going on. Heheheh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog. I have come across it in Blog Catalog several times while doing some research for one of my own posts.

    I found myself reading and enjoying some of your previous posts. Actually, I meant to comment the last time I visited, but I don't think I did.

    Anyway, thanks and I'll stop back soon.

    CK
    a.k.a The Constant Complainer
    Cleveland, OH

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.