Monday, May 18, 2009

Yummy Recipe For Kids:Tau Joo Belly Pork

Now that I'm back in the kitchen again, thought I'd share this delicious dish with you. It's "Tau Joo Belly Pork". To my Malay readers, sorry "ini tak halal".


At first the idea was to cook "Tau Yew Bak" (Belly Pork in Soy Sauce). But then, I wasn't quite in the mood for that and decided to tweak it a bit and make "Tau Ju Bak" instead.








Ingredients:

  • Belly Pork (Sam Chan Bak)
  • Garlic - Just peel off the skin, no need to chop up. Cook the pips whole.
  • Chinese mushroom - soak to soften. Then cut to smaller into bite size.
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Marinate - Soy sauce, dark sauce, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, sugar
  • Tau Joo (Fermented Bean Curd)

How To Cook:

  1. Marinate the pork for about 1 hour or more.
  2. Put little bit of oil into the wok.
  3. Fry the garlic for a few minutes, then add in the marinated pork (along with the marinate sauce).
  4. Throw in the chinese mushroom as well and stir fry for a while.
  5. When pork is about 3/4 done, add 2-3 pieces of Tau Joo and some of the juice too. How much Tau Joo depends on how much pork you are cooking.
  6. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes.
  7. Later, add enough water to cover everything in the wok. For me, I like to transfer everything into a pot.
  8. Turn the fire down to medium and let cook until ready (45min - 1hr).
  9. Last of all, add the hard boiled eggs.

KokoD loved this dish a lot. This was his comment "Mommy, I'm not hungry anymore but I'm still eating because it tastes so nice." He ate 3 helpings of rice for lunch.

My taste buds was also tingling for something a little spicy that day, so I also cooked "Kacang Botol With Sambal Hay Bee" (Four Angled Beans with Spicy Dried Shrimp). Mmmm... Yummy!






Dine Without Whine - Your #1 Source For Online Meal Planning




1 comment:

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.