Friday, May 14, 2010

A Flying Whale?

D1 just burst into my room babbling about how D2's whale is flying in the air. What? A flying whale? Ok, let me clarify what's going on by showing you the picture of the "flying whale".

Disappointed that it's really not a flying whale? Actually, the "flying whale" is D2's bicycle training wheel that is somewhat damaged and so, is up in the air rather than touching the ground.

This is the conversation about the flying whale.

D1: Mommy, mommy, D2's "whale" is flying in the air.
Me: What? D2's got a whale? (Of course I know what he meant was "wheel". I just wanted to pull his leg a little).
D1: No, no, his "whale".
Me: Yea, you said "whale". I didn't know he had a whale. Wow, where is he keeping it?
D1: No, I said "whale" (getting exasperated).
Me: Yeah, I know that's what you said - whale.
D1: I mean the "whale" that can roll.
Me: Wow, he has a whale that can roll. That's fantastic. I want to see it.
D1: NO. The... (he was going to say the word but stopped to think)
Me: The what?
D1: The TIRE.

Hahahahah. Of course I eventually taught him to say "wheeeeeeel" instead of "whale".

5 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha. Your kid is so hilarious!! Kids say the craziest things sometimes, and we can't help but laugh our hearts out. And, we love them more each day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mom, a blogger, and a Ph.D. student, and I need your help. I'm doing a study about why women blog, and you have been selected at random to participate in a short survey about what motivates you to blog and what you get out of blogging.

    I hope you will take it by clicking this link. Please do not forward the link.

    http://pro23.sgizmo.com/survey.php?SURVEY=GT1EU3402ELIOIJ1Z61GIC5K2QZ23A-231228-90095579&pswsgt=1264967712&sg_g=49798f41cf58f256ac59dc4e09e0f97b&_csg=343Vc22EkCUkM&notice=DO-NOT-DISTRIBUTE-THIS-LINK

    Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to contact me at gmmasull@syr.edu if you have any questions.

    Gina Chen
    Ph.D. student
    S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
    Syracuse University

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying "whale" ... you got me there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edie:
    Kids are so crazy sometimes, which is great for us adults who need a break from seriousness once in a while.

    Blog Tactic:
    You didn't really think a whale could fly did you? Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this was so funny! I love it. Sometimes you just need to laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.