Thursday, May 20, 2010

What To Do With Leftover Satay Sauce?

We bought satay at the "pasar malam" last Saturday. It seemed such a waste to throw away the delicious satay sauce. So, I kept it in the fridge and tried to figure out what to do with it on Monday. This is what I eventually cooked up.

I don't know what to call it yet. Basically it is satay sauce stir fried with fried tofu and long beans. Thankfully, it turned out to be quite delicious. So, if you want to try, here is the recipe.

TOFU IN SATAY SAUCE
Ingredients:
  • Egg tauhu (Cut to a squarish shape. As square as you can.)
  • Tau Kua (Cut into squares.)
  • Long beans
  • Garlic (minced)
  • Soy sauce
  • Satay peanut sauce
  • 1 Egg (break into a bowl)
  • Wheat flour and rice flour (Around 70% wheat flour and 30% rice flour)
How To Cook?
  1. Dip the tauhu in the egg, then coat with the flour mixture.
  2. Deep fry in oil, then put aside.
  3. Saute the minced garlic until almost turning brown, throw in the cut long beans.
  4. Add some soy sauce for taste.
  5. When long beans are cooked, add the tauhu back into the wok.
  6. Pour in the leftover satay sauce.
Last minute I decided to add some fried garlic. If you're a garlic lover, you will love the extra garlicky taste.

Okay, so what do you do with your leftover satay sauce?

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely delicious! You are very creative. I use my leftover satay sauce to spread it on my bread, nice :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.