I just get a kick out of watching baby doing his 'stunts'. And I love his expressions too.
Well, what is baby up to these days?
- Grabs everything and puts in his mouth. It's amazing how fast he can grab stuff off the table. Now eating with him on my lap is impossible. Well... it's possible but my plate has got to be like almost on the other side of the table.
- Stares intently at people and what they are doing. Watching his sister and brother, he has probably learned that running around and screaming is normal.
- As you can see from the scrap above, I tried to see how well he could sit on his own. We're almost there.
- Baby also had his first taste of solid food about 2 weeks ago -- mashed potatoes. I know we are suppose to wait till he is 6 months old before introducing him to solids... but he seems so ready. He gets so excited when we sit around the table to eat. And you know what? He hasn't really spit out any of the food we give him... except when he doesn't want any more.
- Always have lots of handkerchiefs around to wipe all that saliva.
- Milestones are great but each baby develops at different rates. Go with what you know is best for you baby. For example, I KNOW this baby is ready to eat. He doesn't have the extrusion reflex and is eager to grab the food of my plate.
- Give plenty of opportunities to play with his hands e.g. toys with buttons to push, dangle something in front for him to grab. Of course, everything will end up in the mouth, so no teddy bears yet okay. Best is to have those teether toys.
- Play peek-a-boo.
- Always show him your smiling face.
- Nursery rhymes and lots of knee bouncing to the rhythm.
- AND lots and lots of HUGS and KISSES.