- The baby gate for the stairs need to be installed again.
- Kids like to stick their fingers into "holes" like electrical outlets. I'll need some caps for that.
- They like to play with wires. Need to make sure that all wires are neatly tucked away.
- Look to see which furniture corner needs cushion. You know kids, they run without looking where they are going.
- Keep nagging the kids not to leave stuff on the floor, especially small things that baby can choke on.
- Make sure medication is stored at a place where children can't reach.
- Anything that is poisonous need to be kept properly like Clorox, detergents and cleaning products.
- Check existing toys for choking hazards.
If you are wondering how to baby proof your home, you can take a look at KidSafe. They offer the largest online selection of quality baby proofing products and child safety tips. Safety 1st, KidCo, Evenflo and Mommy's Helper are some of the brands they carry. You'll find stuff like Baby Gates, Child Safety Locks, Corner Cushions, Outlet Covers, TV Guards, Door Locks, Appliance Locks, Window Guards and much more. You might want to check out their KidSafe Blog too. They highlight stuff like product recalls, hazardous products, home safety tips and child safety products.
*Brought to you by your friends at kidsafeinc.com