It was very easy to cook. I had all the ingredients on hand already. My curry plant came in very handy. It was super yummy and my family enjoyed it.
For your convenience, here is the recipe. Almost the same as Annie except I used pork belly and omitted the cili padi (bird's eye chilli). The photo of her dish looks better than mine too :)
- Pork belly
- Corn starch
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 can evaporated milk
- Chicken bullion
- Flavor the pork with some salt and pepper.
Then mix the pork with some corn starch. Let it sit for about 30min - 1 hour.
- Fry the pork in some oil until cooked.
- Put the pork aside.
Now to make the sauce.
- In some oil, fry the shallots, garlic, and curry leaves (if you like, this is where you add the chilli too). Fry till fragrant.
- Put the pork back into the wok and mix everything around.
- After a few minutes, pour in the evaporated milk.
- Add the sugar and chicken bullion.
- I added a little bit of water because I know my kids love gravy.
- Turn down the fire and let it simmer. Maybe for another 15- 20 minutes so the pork gets a bit tender.