I've done something similar before but the recipe was different. Previously, my friend taught me to use chicken nuggets. Then pour mushroom soup onto the rice before adding the cheese on top to bake.
This recipe is from Tastes of Home. Their recipe is here.
But for you convenience, I'll write what I did here:
- Put about 1 tbsp butter into the wok.
- Fry minced garlic with the butter.
- Add in chopped bacon. Fry until you get some bacon juice and you get that lovely bacon smell.
- Pour in your rice (You could use your day-old rice).
- Add in soy sauce, worcester sauce and a dash of pepper.
- Stir everything around until the rice is nicely coated with all the sauce. Take a taste to see if you need more soy sauce.
- Transfer to a baking dish big enough to hold all your rice (I cooked around 3-4 cups of rice).
- Sprinkle your grated cheese on top of the rice. I used both mozzarella and cheddar.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at around 200 degrees Celcius (or until cheese is nicely melted).