I was tagged by Karen. I have been putting this tag off as I really do not know what to write. There is very little that I hate about my hubby. You can't even call it hate. It's more like mild irritations. We hardly fight. The screaming bouts are more with the kids. But I take this tag as a sign of friendship and appreciate that Karen even thought of me. So I will reciprocate.
1. His bad moods can be brought on by simple things. You don't know when it's going to hit. I guess you could say it's like London weather -- don't know when it's going to change. But it's effects ripples through the whole house and makes everyone want to run away. BUT the children and I have learned that it's best to leave daddy alone during that time. I know he is under a lot of stress to provide for us and people have their bad days. So, it's okay.
2. His super clean disposition. He cannot wait till the children finish their meal before he picks up the crumbs. He does it while they are still eating. So, unintentionally he creates tension in the kids. Poor kids have to quickly learn as babies that they must eating properly.
I grew up in a household where sweeping and mopping was only done like 2x a week. DH insists it should be done everyday. We've compromised and I do it every other day. I'm not a clean freak but he's instilled in me some good habits. So, it's okay.
3. He forgets we are around. He works from home and sometimes, when he comes out of his office, he will walk pass us without saying anything. There is no sign of acknowledgment. It's like we are invisible. I know that sometimes he zones out when he's thinking a lot. So I take it upon myself to remind him of our existence, or do something to bring him back to earth. So, it's okay.
4. He doesn't let me indulge in too much junk food, sweet drinks and outside food. He's thinking of my health. So, it's okay.
5. He blames the children's light coloured hair on me being out in the sun playing golf when I was pregnant. There's no logic to that. So, it's okay.
6. He never gives me a 10/10 for my cooking. When I ask him how is the dish, he always gives the passing grade of "okay-lah". This is because he thinks he is a better cook than me. Well... I must admit he is. But my cooking not too bad also what. Anyway, he is willing to do the everyday cooking. So, it's okay.
7. He hardly exercises or play sports. I am the sporty kind but have nobody to play with. Mind you, I mean playing sports, not exercising. So, I have to succumb to playing with my children. But how fun is it playing badminton with your 5 and 3 year old? But I know it's because he is working hard now so he can play later. So, it's okay.
8. He hasn't taken me or the children on a vacation... ever. Travelling has only been confined to 'balik kampung' during Chinese New Year. I know financially it is not feasable to go on a vacation now. But when we strike it rich, I'm insisting we go everywhere. It'll be good for the kids too. Till then, it's okay. I can wait.
9. He can't live without his internet connection. Another reason why we don't go on vacations. But it's his livelihood. So, it's okay (for now, but not forever).
10. He lied to me when I was pregnant. He told me the gynae said NOT to eating durians. But I ate anyway. So, it's okay. Muahahahah.
I'm not going to tag anybody. Reason being I don't want to encourage people to focus on their spouse's negatives. BUT if you need to let off steam, consider yourself tagged. It's okay.