Wednesday, November 03, 2010

New Milk In Town

Did you know that there's a new kind of UHT milk sitting on the store shelves? Yup, say hi to Dutch Lady Kid and School Milk.

My kids have been fortunate to receive a some boxes to sample. As soon as it entered the door, they tore at the plastic and quickly devoured one packet each. If I let them be, they would gladly drink several packets in one day. However the rule of the house is maximum 2 packets per day.


"Let me at it, let me at it quick"

So, what is this new milk by Dutch Lady? Here is a quick overview:
  • It is age specific.
    Dutch Lady Kid: Fortified with essential nutrients like magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, calcium and protein, Dutch Lady Kid is designed to meet the rapid physical growth needs of children aged between 1 to 6 years old. This was developed with the understanding that children in their formative years, experience tremendous growth across all areas of development. For example, at the end of their second year, a child’s height can double & quadruple in weight.
    Dutch Lady School: Packed with Omega 3, Omega 6, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6 is customised for children aged 6 to 12 years old.As they begin their years in formal education, children in this age group need all the nutrients they can get to improve their attention span and enhance brain development for optimum academic performance.

  • First-ever innovation for the UHT milk category.

  • 3 flavours: Full Cream, Strawberry and Chocolate.

  • Dutch Lady Kid comes in convenient 125ml packs while Dutch Lady School is offered in
    200ml packs.
Well, my kids don't really care that the milk's nutrients have been engineered to be age specific. What they really care is this:
D1: "Mom, I like the chocolate one the best."
K: Yeah, I like the chocolate one also. But I also like the full cream. It tastes like the real milk.
D2: I like the strawberry one.
D1: Can I take one to school?
D2: Can I drink one more?
K: Not fair-lah, he get to drink so many.
Yeah, with children, how it tastes is important. Being fair is also important; cannot allow one to drink more than the other. Sigh! With parents, value is important. Budget is also very important :)

So, what do I think of this new milk?
It is a good thing if you have children like mine who don't like formula milk. They love UHT milk though. So parents can be assured that their children are getting the right nutrients for their age.

Want to know what I really, honestly think?
What a bummer coz' now my kids won't let me drink their milk. I'm not the right age it seems :(


*I was given these products for free to sample. However I am not paid for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, the other day I saw a little girl drinking a pkt of this KID milk. I was excited and told myself that I have to get some for my girls to sample. I must get a pack today when we go to Mid Valley for shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.