Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Chinese Herbs For Sore Eyes

Chinese herbs for sore eyes

I'm so glad that the case of sore eyes is now over for my family. I took the longest to heal. Up to yesterday, the vision in my left eye was blurry. There was no more redness but I was getting headaches due to my imbalanced vision - one side clear, one side blurr.

Anyway, DH also had the case of sore eyes but used chinese herbs to medicate it instead. He said it helped a lot as his infection wasn't as bad and it went away fairly quickly (within the week). Definitely cheaper than seeing the eye doctor. It was RM10 for one packet of those herbs. He bought a total of 8 packets. You put 4 rice bowls of water and boil it on low heat for 1 hour. You'll get the following:


You can get about 3 bowls of concentrated concoction. You don't have to waste the herbs. You can add more water after that and boil some more. It won't be as concentrated. The diluted concoction you drink just like you would drink water. But the real medicated concoction is the concentrated one.

How does it taste? It is not bitter. It is savory with a little bit of sour plum taste. Don't let the black color put you off. It really isn't that bad to drink.

If your infection is just beginning, you may only need 2-3 packets for the sore eyes to heal.

It's funny how as a chinese and with the chinese herb stores nearby, I didn't think to go there for a remedy. Didn't cross my mind that there would be chinese herbs for sore yes. Now I know and now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.