Previously, it was always DH that distributed the "ang pows". This year, I distributed it to the kids. Instead of just handing it over to them, I had my 4 kids line up (from oldest to youngest) and had each of them come up with a Chinese New Year wish for me (apart from the usual "Kong Hei Fatt Choy). You know, chinese have lots of sayings like:
- Sui Sui Ping An (everlasting peace year after year)
- Shen Ti Jian Kang (good health)
- Wan Shi Ru Yi (good luck)
Anyway, back to my story. So the kids had to come up with a New Year's greeting. This is what I got:
- Jiejie K: Wishing you prosperity this Chinese New Year (she read it off an "ang pow" envelop. So much for creativity).
- D1: I wish you long life. (That's nice that he doesn't want me to die early).
- D2: I wish you life. I asked "what kind of life?" He answered "Funny life". Okayyyyy, I'll take it as he wants me to laugh more.
- BabyK: She can't talk yet so I just asked he to give me a kiss.
Peace in your heart, money jiggling in your pocket, harmony in your family, strength and good health, more babies, more patience, more smiles and less stress.