A lot of people can't wait to see what Kate's wedding dress will look like. I can't imagine the wedding plans they have think about and organize.
A wedding definitely is an unforgettable moment in a person's life. However, most of us are not of royal birth or hold high positions that make it compulsory for us to hold a grand wedding that costs an arm and a leg. I don't think a wedding should get in the way of a marriage. I know quite a few people who put off marriage just because they can't afford a wedding. How sad :(
If you are really tight on budget, plan a wedding that you can afford. Decide where you can save and what is worth spending on. Make necessary compromises. Don't live a life of debt just because of one fancy day. You don't need that kind of unnessary stress. You don't want to start a marriage with money problems.
So, what can you do to make your wedding more affordable?
- Seek out discounts such as cheap invitations (but still of high quality) and clearance sales.
- The celebration doesn't have to be at a 5-star hotel. Maybe your friend (or their family) owns a nice estate where you can hold a brunch. You can also consider a nice restaurant. You are not bound to hold a full sit down dinner. A buffet allows your guests to mingle in a relaxed atmosphere.
- A lot of times renting is cheaper then buying.
- You are not obligated to pay for your bridesmaid dresses. Invite them to be a bridesmaid but do let them know they will have to pay for the dresses.
- You don't have to invite everyone you know or everyone remotely related to you. Keeping your guest list down will save you a lot of money.
- Did you know getting married on a weekday will cut your expenses tremendously? Consider it.
- You don't have to go crazy on the wedding cake. Do you really need a 3 tiered cake?
- Don't be shy to ask your friends for help. Maybe someone can help you with makeup, another can do photography and someone can help you with flower arrangements. Your friends may have talent you can use.
A simple, affordable wedding can be just as lovely as an expensive one. Better you put your money on your honeymoon or a new house.