As for me, I have already left to go back to my in-laws. Here are some traveling tips for parents:
- Make a list of things you need to pack e.g. toothbrush, underwear, telephone charger, camera, patience (hahaha).
- Get snacks for the trip.
- Plan some car games e.g. I Spy, Name that song
- Have a good collection of songs to keep you awake while driving
- Don't bring sweet drinks. Drink plain water. It is also easier to clean up if they spill.
- As you approach the rest areas on the highway, ask if they need to use the bathroom. If not, 3 minutes after you drive by it, they will say "mom, I need to go".
- Have a bag in the car for garbage.
- Make sure you pop the hood and give your car a check before traveling. Put air in your spare tyre.
- Teach your children to pack their own bag. Of course, if you let them do it on their own, check what they are packing.
MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE LUGGAGE IN THE CAR!
Yup, we left without D2's bag of clothes. We got here to my in-laws, D2 went to take a bath and BAM, I realized we didn't take his bag along. Well, true to tradition, he's got new clothes for Chinese New Year this year.
Here's wishing everyone a Happy Rabbit Year! Let's all hoppity hop to the bank with fat checks.
Good health, peace and prosperity to all.