If you're like many women, you're beginning to feel a little panic as you look at the calendar and realize there are only a few weeks until Thanksgiving and then a few more until Christmas! Anxiety comes as your mind reviews the many tasks (and few hours) that lie ahead. More apprehension settles in if you're concerned about having enough money to do all the things you'd like, and still be able to keep up with the bills!
Well, don't panic! I'm a practical person who operates well with lists, so grab a pen and paper and let's make a plan.
- First, write the dates on your calendar of every event, program, party and family gathering you expect to attend. If you plan to bring food or gifts, write those down too.
- Write in when your bills are due, and promise to pay them on time.
- Determine your holiday budget and promise not to go one penny over it.
- Make a list of who you will give gifts to, and what you'd like to give them. (Check out my Children's Christmas Gifts and Inexpensive Gifts For Men)
- Plan your menus now. Would you like to discover top secret restaurant recipes? You can serve up meals like those in your favorite restaurants like Chilli's and Applebee's. Wow your family with your cooking this holiday season with America's Most Wanted Recipes.
- Do as much grocery shopping now as you can. Cook and bake ahead as much as you can. It's not too early to start!
- Buy or make as many gifts ahead as you can, get them wrapped, labeled and hidden.
- Buy, make, write or print out any Christmas cards you want to send.
- As soon as Thanksgiving is over, go through your Christmas decorations to purge, add or revive
- Get a copy of the new e-book Stress Free Holiday Entertaining to help you with all the details
- Remember to keep things simple
- Plan now to enjoy the holidays!
Be sure to pick up your copy of Stress Free Holiday Entertaining for some tips to help you breeze through the Holidays and enjoy your family and friends!