Monday, November 10, 2008

No Sew Fleece Blankets

Singer sewing machine - 31K32 (detail 1)Image via WikipediaMy mom called me a few days ago and told me she just fixed her very, very old sewing machine for RM200. This is the kind of sewing machine where you need to move the leg pedal up and down. Yup, not the fancy, schmancy electric ones these days. I remember learning to sew on that ancient machine of my moms. So many times it would start going backwards and mess everything up. There were many "urgh" moments. It takes practice to get it right.

Well, today I have an electric one. BUT my DH will attest to its underusage. Heck, he is still waiting for me to make some adjustments to his pants... and he passed it to me a year ago (shameful me).

Well, that is just typical me. I just hate the idea of dragging out the sewing machine. BUT I get all wide eyed when I see beautiful sewn crafts made by others.

Good news! Here is a fantastic craft idea and you don't have to make one stitch: No Sew Fleece Blankets.

Ah yes, fleece: warm, soft, comfy. This is a timely idea coz' it will make a "heart warming" Christmas gift. You could get fleece material with Christmassy or winter pictures. I think it's great for someone having a new born baby too. All you need is fabric and scissors. Just cut and tie the edges. Simple right? Even your children can help you. This is definitely a must try for lazy sewing bums like me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. tat reminds me of my grandma's antique sewing machine...it is easily 60 years old...since my granny is almost 80 now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the no-sew fleece blankets and they are so cute! I have never made one, but I have been wanting to try, they look so cozy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. contentedmom:
    Is the sewing machine with you? Wow, that's more antique than my moms. Hahaha.

    Rita:
    Yes, they really look cozy don't they? I think I want to try the pillow case.

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.