Once again its time to gear up for our annual trip back to Bukit Mertajam for Chinese New Year. Travelling with kids is no walk in the park. I see many of you nodding your head in agreement? A list is most crucial as it brings some order to chaos. So, let's see what my list will look like this year?
1. Potty. The first thing that will go in the car. Only toddlers have the luxury of travelling with their toilet.
2. Junk food. Not only to keep the kids quiet but also to keep the driver and co-driver awake.
3. Water. If have junk food, definately must have water.
4. Oklah, not all junk food. Cut up some fruits as well.
5. Wet cloth. Oh, this must not be overlooked. Handy for sticky hands and hot faces.
6. Children's VCDs or DVDs. This time round will be Barbie, Jurassic Park, and Jungle Book.
7. Toothbrush and toothpaste. Easily overlooked items when in a rush.
8. Books, books, books. Not just for kids, for mommy and daddy as well.
9. Toys: Blocks, dinosaurs, bingo, dragon.
10. Stationaries: recycled papers, exercise book, pencils, pens, scissors, glue.
12. Medicine bag: panadol, imodium, eno for indigestion, bandaids and most important of all, migraine pills.
13. Hats or window shades. It gets pretty hot when travelling in the day time.
14. Shoes for "kai-kai" and slippers for running around the house compound.
15. Ang pow, ang pow, ang pow.
If I've missed out anything, please let me know.
When I was younger plastic bags was a basic necessity and vital for survival as I got car sick very easily and would throw up. My brothers hate me for that.
Well, for all those that are going to "balik kampung" (return to hometown), safe travelling. Let's try not to travel at the same time and jam up the roads. Hehehe. Don't wait last minute to get your car serviced. Eat plenty, laugh plenty, give and receive lots of "ang pows" and lots of love.
KEONG HEE HUAT CHYE! GONG XI FA CAI! KONG HEE FATT CHOY!