Anyway, this bunga tongkeng (sorry, don't know what it's called in English or Chinese) is good for making soup. Mom said the lady that sold it mentioned it could also be fried with egg.
Here is the soup recipe.
- Bunga Tongkeng
- Minced pork (flavor it with a little salt, soy sauce and oyster sauce)
- Garlic (some minced and some whole)
- Onions (some sliced and one quartered)
- Boil water in the pot
- Fry the minced garlic and onion slices till golden and then add into the soup.
- Put the bunga tongkeng into the soup.
- Add some garlic pips and quartered onions.
- Drop in little scoops (or balls) of minced pork.
- At the end, add salt to taste.
If anyone knows where in PJ/KL you can get this bunga tongkeng, let me know.