Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Natural Migraine Relief

If you are a migraine sufferer like me, I'm sure you will be interested in learning of this free and natural migraine relief. It was introduced to me by my step-mom. See the pine plant below?
(Mine here is still a baby plant)

Sorry, I don't know what it's called. Looks like a Christmas tree but the leaves are soft, not the pokey pine needle kind. It's quite common here. Heck, you may even have it at your house or neighbourhood and didn't know it's medicinal value.
Anyway, just boil the leaves with water and drink it, like tea. My step-mom drinks it everyday (instead of just plain water) and she says she hasn't had a migraine for a year already. Her neighbour takes it to combat high blood pressure.

As for me, I haven't been so diligent in boiling it everyday. I should do it at least a few times a week. But so far I've drunk this pine tea whenever I get an attack, like today. Boil about 1-2 litres of it, not just one cup. It does help to either eliminate or at least lesson the headache.

So if you have migraine like me, give it a try and let me know if it works for you too.

p.s. How is this related to parenting? Who can be an effective parent with a head that feels like it's going to crack open? Definitely not me.

4 comments:

  1. Is it called 'bin pak' in Cantonese. Nay... it's usually used during traditional weddings whereby the leaves are put into the 'tamtung' (potty), onto the bed etc, etc, etc.

    Alamak, my teeny weeny apartment got no place to put such a plant leh. Has it got a bitter taste when boiled? Can this be drank the whole day or just a few cups will do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy:
    Ya ya, that's what my step-mom was telling me -- about the traditional wedding thing. But me not well versed in that stuff.
    It's not bitter at all. Actually taste like mild chinese tea. Yes, can drink it the whole day. That's what my step-mom does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. Very interesting.....but I don't have a garden :-( Anyway, I usually reiki myself and it works, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Blog. Thanks for sharing this informative post about Migraine ayurvedic treatments, visit my link Best Neuro Hospital in Ludhiana and get more useful detail about the Neurological treatments.

    ReplyDelete

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.