Friday, June 06, 2008

Personalize Your Cards and Announcements

When I was in the U.S., I would get wedding invitations and birth announcements from friends. I can tell you that there are much nicer than the ones we Malaysians send out. The reason being their cards and announcements are always personalized with photographs. So much so they become keepsakes. Yes, I've kept some in my journal. I mean you wouldn't throw away a photograph of a good friend would you?

Just imagine receiving a birth announcement like this:

or

* Pictures taken from Izzyprints. You can order your cards online from them and get them within 2-3 working days.

How cute is that? I'm sure every parent is eager to show off their little bundle of joy. Plus, friends always ask to see pictures of the cutie pie when you tell them that you've delivered. Now after 3 kids, I wonder why I never send out these personalized birth announcements. I guess it's just not our culture but I'm sure this trend will catch on here. Just like how digital scrapbooking is catching on like wild fire. Parents here have grown to appreciate the artistic value of combining pictures and journaling.

I think personalizing party invitations are a good idea too. Not just children's birthday parties, but any party. For example, if you are having a Christmas get-together, you can do a 2-1 card: greeting and invitation card rolled into one. Send friends and relatives a card that includes a picture of your family. Show them how your family is growing -- growing in number, growing in height, growing in maturity and maybe growing around the belly too :)

With today's technology, I don't see why we should stick to boring cards. Just look at blogs, the ones that are nice to read are ones that have pictures right? So the next card or announcement I send out, will definitely be a little more personal. Make sure if you get one from me, you stick it on your fridge yea?

1 comment:

Don't go without saying something. I would love to read your comments. BUT no junk comments please.