Here is what you need:
- 3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Mash up the bananas. Just use a fork. Don't have to be too finely meshed. I had mine a little lumpy. That way you find little banana lumps in the muffin which is awesome.
- Put the melted butter, egg and sugar in with your mashed bananas.
- In another bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Then slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Next, line your muffin tray with muffin cups.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups (Not full, about 1/2 - 3/4 way).
- Bake it. I set mine to 200 degrees celcius and it takes about 20 minutes.
When I first made this banana muffin, I wrote down the ingredients but not the instructions on how to make it. I thought "how hard can it be?" Well, my brain wasn't working too well that day and so I mixed the stuff wrongly. I stupidly mixed the butter with sugar, and then put the flour in. Obviously I had some lumpy flour. Then I put that into the mashed banana (which I used my food processor to chop up). Anyway, bad idea.
Just remember the wet ingredients - dry ingredients rule.
p.s. If you're interested in video tutorials on how to decorate cakes, cookies and cupcakes, click this affiliate link and give these guys a look: CAKE, COOKIE AND CUPCAKE DECORATING IDEAS